Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Getting Ready to Launch

Wow, I thought I was going to be more active than this...

Unfortunately, I have found a way to procrastinate doing even what I LOVE.

So here is is, the intro post that is going to tell you ALLLLLL about my beautiful blog and what you can expect to see. Today I am working on my profile, my about me details, and the about the site pages. If I have more time, I will get the links to all my social media: Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook page.

Now the purpose of this blog. In October, I got REALLY sick. Before I got sick, I had actually made a choice to make myself healthier. I gave up fast food, I stopped eating fried foods, and I replaced all my white and enriched flour foods with whole wheat and whole grain alternatives. That was what was so shocking when I went to my doctor and was told that I had the liver of a girl who was severely malnourished. I thought maybe it had to do with me running and possibly not taking in enough calories, so I tried to eat more and run a little less to see if it balanced out.

After much bloodwork, we figured out I actually had a liver disease. I was very sick for a while. I laid in bed all day and didn't do much. I had gained about 25 lbs in water weight and was so bloated I looked pregnant.

Now that I am taking the right medicines for myself, I am down to a healthy weight and BMI, so I decided it was time to get back into fitness. I started this blog as a way for me to express myself, motivate myself, and share my struggles and discoveries with all those who also want to take this time to really get healthy. You don't have to lose 40 lbs or 80 lbs to get yourself fit and healthy or to get yourself on the right track. (:

I am planning a launch for February 10th as of today, but I may have to change this if I cannot get everything accomplished that I want.

In future posts you are going to see my inspirations, motivations, fitness plans, and recipes. I hope you'll take this journey with me! I am excited to get started (:

This isn't a change for now, this is a change for life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! Let me know what you think (: