Monday, March 31, 2014

Getting My Life Together

If you've explored my blog a bit you've looked at my "resolutions". On that page I say how I am trying to tackle one each month or so. They are all goals I have for life (or at least this year) to better myself and make myself more well-rounded (or at least I think so!).

Every girl has those days (sometimes weeks, because HORMONES) where we feel like everything is falling apart. We feel like we don't have our lives together and that we should by now. I am nowhere near together, but I always thought I would be by the time I graduated college. At least I thought I would have a good start on being completely together.

I am not, and usually that bothers me. Usually there is one week, or a few days, every month where I feel like everything is wrong and I am a failure. And sometimes I let it get to me and sometimes I drown my sorrows in a bag of Gluten Free Hot Buffalo Wing Pretzels and try not to hate myself afterwards for eating all 8 servings in one sitting.

But, so far, I haven't had this meltdown in the past month. I haven't let myself because I realized I am taking big strides in making myself better. I have really stepped up to the plate on running again, even running 6 days a week! (Last year at my peak I only ran 4 days a week, so I am proud of myself!) I have done really well with my low sodium/low copper diet and have really tried to eat healthier. I am not as good as last year when I first gave everything up (fast food/chips/cake/cookies/etc.), but I am on my way to being more balanced in my nutrition (thanks to a nutritionist's help!).

I really had to realize that it is okay to backtrack. I am a perfectionist. I always have been. When I fail, even though most wouldn't consider my definition of failure actual failure, I fail all the way. I am very all or nothing. While this can be motivating, it can also cause me to burn out WAY too fast. Lately, I have realized that, even if I succumb to my own definition of failure, there is no reason I cannot start over THAT SAME DAY. I don't have to wait until next month, next week, or even the next day. I can restart RIGHT THAT SECOND. And that has been more motivating for me than ANYTHING else.

I WILL NOT let myself give in to ANY negativity this month. I am positive minded about 95% of the time. I know I cannot be perfect, but I will NOT give in to letting myself break myself down. There are enough people out there that probably don't prefer my company. I don't need my own mind trying to break me down. I cannot please everyone and not everyone will like me, but I CAN make sure I love myself. That is the most important thing (:

Take time this week to LOVE YOURSELF, whatever that means to you. Even if, just once, this week you tell that negative voice you have to shut her mouth or you actually tell yourself you're beautiful or you refuse to participate in drama or gossip, do SOMETHING this week that will make you feel better about yourself. I CHALLENGE YOU. Because we don't need our own minds to be our enemies. I think this pin pretty much sums it up:


No one is perfect, so don't try to be. Just try to be YOU! Because there is only ONE of you in this entire world, and that is remarkable (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! Let me know what you think (: