Friday, March 21, 2014

Workout Review Wednesday Friday: The Grimm Workout

Well, here's to another Workout Review Wednesday (oops) Friday! As you may know from previous posts and tweets, I like to watch TV, and I like to do "workouts" while I watch these shows! It keeps me paying attention to the show as well as keeping me active, because there is something you should constantly be doing. This week, I had TWO episodes of Grimm to catch up on, so I looked up a Grimm workout on Pinterest and found one I both loved and hated. I loved it because it kept me moving, but I hated it because it kept me moving.

Grimm is a show about a cop who has an ability to see fairy tale creatures that try to live among humans in disguise. These fairy tale creatures look like humans until they want someone to see them (called Woging where the "w" is pronounced like a "v"), or until The Grimm, Detective Nick Burkhardt, played by David Giuntoli, finds them and tracks them down. Normally, The Grimm is supposed to kill these creatures, but Nick befriends the good and defeats the bad. Of course, there are subplots and other storylines happening, but that is the basic gist for anyone who hasn't seent eh show.

JUST A NOTE about these kinds of workouts: they are different EVERY TIME. Some weeks they are super effective and some weeks they aren't because they are based on what happens on the show! Please keep that in mind before you do these workouts!

So I did the workout to the episodes Revelation and Mommy Dearest, and they were CRAZY! Here is the workout:



For someone who doesn't watch this show, this workout isn't very helpful, but knowing the show, you know these are all things that are VERY LIKELY to happen on the show.

This workout specifically with THOSE TWO EPISODES was out of control. I had to start WRITING OUT what I needed to do so I would remember. I am somewhat of a perfectionist, so I wanted to make sure I did everything I was supposed to.

I also added in 50 jumping jacks every commercial, just as a bonus move. Probably a mistake this round, but during a more tame episode, this is probably a good idea.

Here was my sheet that I used to keep track of everything I was supposed to do...RIDICULOUS!



Overall, I like the workout. It has moves that I hate as well as ones I enjoy, so of course there is an element of torture to the workout (the good kind, though!), but overall I enjoyed doing the workout. I don't think I will do it EVERY time I watch the show, but for days where I feel I have been sitting too much I think this is a great idea! I encourage everyone to look up (or even make up if you have been watching the show enough!) these kinds of workouts so you're never just sitting around watching TV.

OH! So you may have seen on Instagram that I posted a blank sheet that looked like this:



WELL THAT is because I finished a sheet of 50 stickers today. Meaning I have worked out and stuck to my goals for 50 days since I started my journey with this blog. I did start the journey before the blog, but this is still a HUGE accomplishment for me! I AM SO EXCITED! Now for sticker sheet number two! Not sure which I will pick yet (:

Here is my March so far! I am super proud of all the work I have done (:

How have you been doing with your workouts? I am excited to look like a Model by May. (:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! Let me know what you think (: