Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Tummy Treadmill Tuesday

Normally, today I would  try to give you a recipe because I love to cook and I love sharing my love of cooking with you. Instead, I am going to talk to you about my treadmill.

Lately I have been very busy with training. As you may know from my resolutions page (click the link at the top to see what I am trying to accomplish this year!), I am trying to live a more well-rounded life. This is getting tough. I keep skipping one of the things I want to try and do each day, whether it be reading or writing or, even sometimes, blogging! I am sure you noticed I have not been keeping up with my posts.

That is mainly because I am finding that I am getting discouraged with fitness lately. The main problem is I don't have far to go. I am not one of those people that needed to lose weight, just get in shape, and that progress can be a lot harder to see than weight loss. I am not knocking those of you that want to lose weight or are doing it. I am commending you! The only thing I wish was that I was seeing your results instead of the very small progress I seem to be making.

Part of what is getting me down is the weather. Even when it is nice out, it is RAINING. I don't want to run in the rain! I get up and run anyway, but it is on my treadmill.

Last year, at this time, I could run for 45 minutes on my treadmill without batting an eyelash! It was nothing! This year, it is a burden to run 10 minutes because I get so bored. Even with my intervals and my movie watching (follow me on Instagram to see what I watch while I run intervals!), I get SO BORED. And today after running only 3 minutes I felt burned out.

That was when I realized my treadmill was on a HUGE incline. Now my treadmill is pretty low tech. The way to switch inclines is manual, and you have to get OFF the treadmill to do it and you have to do it yourself, hence why I cannot add inclines to my intervals. Last year, I ran so much that my incline was a lot steeper. I had the stamina to do it. This year, I just don't yet. I have only be running for two months!

I had to take a second and encourage myself. I didn't SUCK at running, I was just pushing myself too hard too fast. I had forgotten that I started out small last year and worked my way up.

If you're getting discouraged, just TAKE A MOMENT and realize HOW FAR YOU HAVE COME. Even if, like me, you aren't seeing physical changes, realize that the fact that YOU ARE RUNNING PERIOD (or whatever you're doing) is more than you were doing X amount of days/months/weeks ago. Three months ago I was sitting around and not running AT ALL, so even the 30 minutes a day I do, even if it isn't where I was last year, is better than nothing.

Don't let your mind tell you you cannot do it because you CAN! (:

What do YOU use for inspiration to get moving? Let me know! Goodness knows I need it sometimes!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! Let me know what you think (: